- Cool interview between NBC Produce Sam Flood and Puck Daddy editor Greg Wyshynski from Monday here, as they talk about NBC's plan for camera-work at the 2009 Winter Classic. Note the emphasis on wide-range shots and the return of the "airplane" camera.
- Found this tidbit in the NHL Winter Classic portal of NHL.com, which says NBC plans on having 50 camera's at the Classic, along with the NHL expecting over 41,000 spectators.
- Only 2 games last night.
- Colorado @ Detroit - Reported 19,154 at Joe Louis Arena (NHL.com) - Looks like that rilvary is far from dead.
- San Jose @ Los Angeles - Reported 16,005 at the Staples Center (NHL.com) - Guess it could have been worse...
Update, 3:05 PM: The National Post of Toronto says that Hockey gives the fan the most bang for their buck.
Wow, what a shocker. Their rankings:
- Hockey - 60 minutes
- Basketball - 48 minutes
- Soccer - 90 minutes - ranked lower for most likely a very small window of time actually spent in the penalty area
- Canadian Football - around 15 minutes
- American Football - only 12 minutes (that one made me chuckle)
- PGA Golf - 8 minutes
- MLB - only 5-10 minutes. wow.