News and Notes from around the Business World of Hockey...
- NBC goes with the Flyers visiting the Penguins for the Sunday, March 22nd Game of the Week (Puck The Media). Many are thinking "ughh, Penguins and Flyers again!?" but the game will be just as good as the other probably option (NJ @ BOS) and will most likely mean more as the Penguins fight for a playoff spot and the Flyers hold onto 4th place by only 3 points.
- News from the GM's Meetings: Paul Kelley isn't happy with TV Coverage for the NHL in the states (Puck The Media). I think the best sites to be following for all the news would be here at mlive.com and the NHL.com blog.
- The Acadie-Bathurst Titan are staying put in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (NHL.com). Although this is somewhat insignificant, its good to hear about a club not moving in these times.
- Remember the "Most Successful" sports teams of 2008 according to BizJournals? Later I'll post each teams rank from the NHL and give an explanation at how they ranked every team in the Major Four Sports Leagues here in the U.S.
- Finally, Part 2 of Molson's lockout advertisements, this being the post-lockout ad: