Thursday, February 26, 2009

2009 NHL Average Attendance: Month by Month

I changed up my spreadsheet today by applying a color scheme to each teams game by game attendance. I went through each teams schedule, month by month, and applied a different color so I can see (when the end of the season comes) which months were the strongest. So as I wait for the season to end, I figured I would find the NHL average attendance by month through January thus far. It isn't much, but it is nonetheless something new and it will help when it comes to determining the Second Half Attendance Boost and other analysis questions. Take a look (click to enlarge):



Somewhat interesting, ha ha. December is clearly the best month in terms of average and total spectators, but also helped from having the most amount of games during the month. I think something I will tackle tomorrow is finding out the leagues average capacity percentage which will give us a different look at this topic.

Labatt Blue's and Rangers hockey calling, as the Blueshirts blow their 1-0 lead halfway through the third.

Check back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment