Saturday, December 20, 2008

Friday Nights Games

Went snowboarding today so again I didn't have much time. I'll make it all up on Sunday as I'll be nursing a hangover and looking for something to do.

Five games last night...
  1. Ottawa @ New Jersey - 13,242 - Devils win 5-1. The lowest attendance at The Rock in 8 games. Though I might add that Ottawa does bring along the 27th worst road attendance average.
  2. Chicago @ Calgary - 19,289 (Sellout) - Hawks win 3-2 in OT. A great game to watch, it looked as though that Pentgrowth Saddledome was truly sold out as the high flyin' Hawks were in town.
  3. Anaheim @ Edmonton - 16,839 (Sellout) - Ducks win 3-2 in a SO. Frigid cold in the great north didn't stop another sellout at Rexall Place. Poor shootout attempts though from the Oilers.
  4. Los Angeles @ Buffalo - 18,147 - Sabres win 5-0. I was actually pondering if the attendance at HSBC Arena would dip below 18K for the first time this season because of the wicked snow storm we had yesterday here in Central and Western NY, but I was wrong. This was their lowest turnout this year though. LA was all over the Sabres, outshooting them 40 to 22.
  5. NYI @ Minnesota - 18,568 (Sellout) - Wild win 4-1. I took a quick look at this game as I haven't seen the Wild play at home in a while, and it reminded me of Madison Square Garden. Sure, all the seats are paid for, but there are no bodies to be seen in some of the 100's. Happy drive home for Wild fans from this one.
LNA: 17,217 - Another weeknight over 17K. Good Stuff. Average would have been higher too as Rexall Place actually fits over 17K, but they never announce it higher than their noted "capacity."

Sellouts: 3 out of 5. I'll take anything over 50% on weeknights.

Annual Holiday Dinner and Bar walk tonight with the boys, so nothing more for today. I promise tomorrow I'll actually give an opinion on something rather than just listing attendance figures.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment