Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tough Night, Not Feeling Well...

I had a tough night last night with some family issues and on top of that I woke up this morning not feeling too hot.

I am working on a couple of simple lists that I find interesting, and one thing that caught my eye this afternoon...

In today's Sports Business Daily, a title read:

NHLPA's Kelly Supports Exploring European Expansion For NHL


Kevin McGran of the Toronto Start quoted Kelly saying the following:
But he said the NHL has to "really test this market and determine whether or not it would be viable to put a couple of NHL franchises over there." Kelly: "You need to continue to look short term and long term. We have to look for growth opportunities in the coming years, which means bigger markets, better television deals. We have a natural market in most of Europe."
The IIHF's response?
The IIHF said that the NHL "would fail miserably, citing the fact that the NFL pulled the plug on its money-losing European league and saying the NHL would be seen as an interloper." IIHF President Rene Fasel: "It would be a potential disaster for this NHL's European division. I don't think anyone right now has the means to lose so much money"
Exactly how I feel.

Hopefully, something tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment