- Watching the Kings game last night, they announced a new ticket deal in the third period. The L.A. Kings Stretch Pack:
The Kings (24-21-7, 55 pts) are in the playoff chase this year (Western Conference Standings), entering play on Feb. 12, just three points out of a playoff spot and six points out of fifth place in the West. Jump on the stretch run of the season as your Kings battle for a Western Conference Playoff spot. Get two tickets to four games, two Kings Alternate Logo Hats and priority opportunity to purchase playoff tickets for just $99.That's a deal in a half. I'd buy them just for the playoff priority. Good marketing, L.A.
- Sports Business News reports that Buffalo Sabres Season Tickets will increase by 5% for the 2009-2010 season. Along with this is another playoff incentive:
Fans who commit to renewing by March 20 can get sizable discounts on potential Stanley Cup playoff games this spring — and the team will be crediting customers' '09-10 accounts with rebates matching the discounts. Factoring in rebates, fans may actually pay less for their tickets for next season if the team goes deep into the playoffs.Apparently, the Sabres management are expecting a drop in season ticket holders. The article also states that the club will not make a decision on single game tickets until the summer after the schedule is released. That will be interesting, as they will most likely base their numbers off how successful their renewals are. The Sabres currently are 8th in the Eastern Conference with a 3 point lead over 9th and 10th placed Carolina and Pittsburgh; both at 59 points.
"We're not sitting around thinking, "Oh my god, we're going to have this big decline in season-ticket renewals,' because the bottom line is we really don't believe that," Sabres minority owner Larry Quinn said. "But we do want to do something to relieve the pressure on people from the economic situation..."
1:15 PM Update:
- The Colorado Avalanche are also jumping in on the fun with their Home Stretch Pack. Four games starting in early March against the Wings, Oilers, Canucks, and Blues:
Available packages:$90 on the balcony (A lot of fun, great view) for four games along with the other perks? What a deal.
- $340 - Lower Level End
- $204 - Upper Center Balcony
- $144 - Upper Corner Balcony
- $89 - Upper End Balcony
-Playoff ticket pre-sale for Home Stretch buyers.
-Priority seating for 2009-10 season tickets
-No service charges or handling fees
More to come later.